Estate planning in Broward County does not have to be a stressful situation. When you find the right Broward County estate planning attorneys, you will be expertly guided through the process of creating any legal documents you need to provide you and your family with peace of mind.
Some of the services we provide our clients include the preparation of the following:
- Power of Attorney
- Revocable Living Trust
- Irrevocable Trust
- Health Care Surrogate
Based in Coral Springs, FL, Brodzki Jacobs & Brook helps individuals, families, and businesses throughout Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami-Dade Counties get their affairs in order. Our caring and professional staff of attorneys will help you determine what documents you need.
Why Do I Need to Speak to an Estate Planning Attorney?
Even if you do not have much in the way of assets, there are many reasons why speaking to an estate planning attorney is important:
- If you have children, you want to determine who will take care of them if something should happen to you. The only way to ensure that your wishes are carried out is by arranging this legally in advance.
- If you do have any assets, you will want to avoid was it called an inheritance tax or estate tax. Without the proper documents in place, your heirs could wind up paying a significant amount of the money you leave them to the government.
- In addition to avoiding heavy taxation, it is also important to complete the necessary documents to avoid your estate going into probate. What is probate? Probate is a court-supervised process of determining what will be done with your assets should you die without completing the necessary documents. You can avoid a lengthy and costly legal battle for your heirs by handling all your legal and financial matters in advance.
- Advance planning helps you determine what will happen to you should you become incapacitated and unable to speak for yourself. Designating a health care surrogate allows you to decide who will handle your medical needs.
- Do you have certain assets you want to give to specific people? If so, designating that in advance will help avoid conflict after you are gone.
Our Broward County estate planning attorneys can help you complete all the necessary documents to protect your loved ones after you are gone. Whether you live in Parkland, Fort Lauderdale, Coconut Creek, Miami, Boca Raton, or anywhere else in South Florida, we can help.
Let Our Professional Team of Broward County Estate Planning Attorneys Protect You
There is no way to know what the future will bring. Waiting until you are older to get your affairs in order is not always the wise move. Accidents and unexpected illnesses happen. The goal is to be prepared in advance for what we hope will never occur. Speaking with one of our experienced estate planners can give you the peace of mind you need that your loved ones will be protected in an emergency. You will be able to designate an executor of estate rather than leave it up to the courts.
For more information, contact our Broward County estate planning attorneys at Brodzki Jacobs & Brook to discuss your options. We are here to provide answers to your questions. Contact us at (954) 344-7737.