An H-2B visa is a temporary nonimmigrant visa for a one-time, seasonal or peakload occurrence.  This is an employment based visa sponsored by an employer who can prove the nature of their need.  The process involves several steps as follows:

  • A prevailing wage request is filed with the Department of Labor
  • A temporary labor certification is filed with the Department of Labor
  • Advertising in a local newspaper with good circulation
  • Opening a job order with the local state workforce agency
  • Interviewing available applicants who may be US workers who can perform the job
  • Filing with the USCIS upon certification from the Department of Labor

H-2B visas are most often used in the hospitality industries such as resorts, country clubs, amusement parks, etc.  They are also used by landscaping companies and other companies that have a true season.  Our office is well versed in this visa and can assist any company looking to supplement their full time workforce.