An H-2B visa is a temporary nonimmigrant visa for a one-time, seasonal or peakload occurrence. This is an employment based visa sponsored by an employer who can prove the nature of their need. The process involves several steps as follows:
- A prevailing wage request is filed with the Department of Labor
- A temporary labor certification is filed with the Department of Labor
- Advertising in a local newspaper with good circulation
- Opening a job order with the local state workforce agency
- Interviewing available applicants who may be US workers who can perform the job
- Filing with the USCIS upon certification from the Department of Labor
H-2B visas are most often used in the hospitality industries such as resorts, country clubs, amusement parks, etc. They are also used by landscaping companies and other companies that have a true season. Our office is well versed in this visa and can assist any company looking to supplement their full time workforce.